Beginner Surf Lessons
Surf & Enjoy the Waves with Beginner /Refresher Surf Lessons in West Cork
During the surf sessions, our skilled instructors will break down the lessons to make them easy for you. The first part of our lesson will cover positioning on the board, how to catch waves, and ensure safety. Next, we will move on to mastering the “pop up”. Our instructors will break down the lesson so that you can learn each stage of surfing at your own pace. In the case you have tried surfing before, let your instructor know beforehand so that they can help you.
What You Need To Know About Our Surf Beginner Lesson:
- Price per Adult : 40€
- Price per under 18’s : 30€
- Duration of lesson 1.5hrs
If you are booking a session for an individual, the recommended minimum age is 10 years. However, if you are booking group sessions, kids as young as 8 years can take part if they are water confident and there are other kids of similar age in the group. For anyone under 18 years of age, we request to have an adult present with them on the beach during the lesson.
At our surf school, the maximum group size is 1:8 and we require a minimum of 4 participants to run a beginner surf lesson. So, if you are booking our lesson as an individual and we don’t have enough people to run a session, our team will contact you to offer an alternative. Keep in mind that our lessons are open to people of all ages. Although we try our best to ensure age-appropriate groups, this depends on the bookings of the day.
What to Bring to the Surf Lesson:
- Drinking water
- Warm clothes to wear after the lesson
COVID-19 Guidelines for Safe Surfing at the Beach:
- Every participant should keep a 2m social distance from each other and staff while at SurfnSup and on the beach.
- Owing to the pandemic, we are taking groups of maximum of 8 people at a time.
- Always be prepared to change outside and ensure you only carry essential items to your lesson. Ideally, have your swimsuit on for arrival to get going quickly.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for use before and after your surf lesson
- Please check the “Terms and Conditions” for consent on the form before payment.
- If you are having any COVID-19 symptoms or have come in contact with a confirmed case recently, please cancel your lesson and do not attend.